Sunday, 16 August 2026

To practice or not to practice

Up early for practice but reminded it's a full moon, never used to take them but tempted this morning.

Back feels so stiff in the morning at the moment that alt least practice gets some degree of flexibility, at least I can walk afterwards like I'm not a 90.

But Primary Friday. How to modify THAT series to avoid bending forward.

Or I could just do that tadasana stretching sequence and settle down to long Pranayama and a morning of sit.

No, Primary it is, sorry moon but have to make the most of it before that solar flare hits and turns us into those little crispy bits in a bag of chips.

10 comments:

Boodiba said...

I took my moon & spent ten hours sleeping, but I did primary plus yesterday. I make my primary days last 2 hours with extras, when in the mood.

The knees are coming along nicely though & that is warming my heart.

Grimmly said...

Thanks Quentin, I practiced though, a modified primary mainly because my back is so stiff in the morning at the moment that I need the practice to get at least some flexibility.

Glad the knees coming along Boodie, this will all pass right and we'll be flying again.

Boodiba said...

Ya... I'm having a great time practicing anyway. All the rest is strong & fluid. And I realize I am firmly Team Manju. I've picked my branch of the lineage.

Grimmly said...

Team manju : ) I really want to take his workshop next time he's in the UK I see him as the missing link as he would have been taught by his Father in that period just after Krishnamacharya left mysore and before the Americans came and the growing popularity of the style that led to the changes. Want to ask him about drishti and what he was taught

Boodiba said...

Ya Manju is really old school Guruji, and he obviously taught that way, up close & personal, because that's the style of my first two teachers, Greg @ Chris. Greg considers Manju his one & only teacher. He still sees him a few times a year, sometimes assisting at workshops, and is in fairly constant touch. Chris considered Guruji to be his guru, but has admitted his teaching style is more Manju.

Consistent attention & daily interaction really helps me convince myself to get out of bed & travel!!!

Mike Repede said...

I was reminded of the full moon by my sons (2 and 7 years old) turning into werewolves! They were so out of sorts -- tired, irritable, moody. Craziness!

I'm intrigued by the Manju discussion. I may connect with him for a weekend workshop this summer. He seems somewhat elusive, under the radar almost. I wonder if it's because he doesn't have books, CDs, DVDs, etc. Obviously he's a very active teacher, but not so much of a strong marketing presence if that makes sense.

Grimmly said...

I think there is a dvd of one of his workshops Mike, sure i saw something on Youtube, google it. Hopefully he'll come to the UK next year, he seems to be teaching quite a bit at the dodgy joisyoga place in Encinitas

Boodiba said...

He's going to be at Kriapalu sort of near me in August, but I just priced out the 2nd part (four whole days, 1 evening thing & a morning) and it'd be $1500!!!

The menus look FANTASTIC.

Wanna go!

Boodiba said...

I wouldn't go to Jois Shala! If I go to SD it's gonna be to see Tim

Mike Repede said...

Thanks for the DVD tip, Grimmly! Turns out Manju has a workshop DVD and a chanting CD.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.