Thank you to Jmitch and K. for helping me to see the error of my ways as well as everyone else who got in touch, whether through comments or email, with kind words.
Thing is, I'm curious about Jmitch's comments on blogging as Karma yoga and Dharma
"Your karma yoga but also could be your dharma.
Your practice has been a great inspiration (and motivation) for me.
Somewhere in the Bhagavad Gita says:
"Is better to follow badly your own dharma, than follow the dharma of another one"
I especially like the Gita quote, better to follow your own dharma, however poorly.
I blog, however poorly, it's helped me with my own practice and seems it can be encouraging/motivating to others at times, even inspiring, just as others blogs have been inspiring to me. Of course, apparently, it's also frustrating, irritating and infuriating, but perhaps that's a good thing, shows we still have a way to go with our 'spiritual practice'.
I've also noticed how absurd it was, there was me troubled by the insular nature of practice and in response I go and make it more so by quitting the social aspect of sharing and supporting, stupid yogi.
K. reminded me too today, that this is something, this blog, not much perhaps but something and more importantly the cybershala, the blogosphere, something interesting going on out there.
Typically, since I decided to give it a rest, ten or so post ideas came up, what do I do with these, keep them to myself, seems selfish somehow. Perhaps most of them are just nonsense but there might be something there that's useful to somebody else that can be adapt, morphed into their own practice, home yogi's, we take what we can get and absorb it... or not.
Besides, I have this exceedingly cool new globe visitor app. that I can't get enough of ( top left).
So I'm back (after, what, a week) so whatimiss?
13 comments:
Woo hoo!!!! YEAH!!!! *throws confetti*
: )
Ha ha, of course you had to come back if you had that globe! so glad to hear! :-)
Glad you're back!
Like!Like!
aleluya!
Oh good, I was hoping you just couldn't keep away ; )
Onya - as they say here in Oz!! Glad it was a very short fishing trip ... :)
I just wanted to let you know that you were and still are an inspiration for me and many others. A true example for a home-practitioner. So I'm glad you're still around.
Please reply to this with your email address, I would like to show you something.
Thanks everyone, appreciate it.
Aurelian, my email is under contact details, click on the 'About me' box over on the left of the blog.
Dear Grimmly
I know I kept coming to see your practice of the other week, to figure out what i would be doing next. And I'm using your cheat sheets. The supine one, which has the most info, is the least readable, though. However, I read the book then check your sheet.
Cheers,
Arturo
word verif "spelsie" - no spelsie check here
Going to try and split that Supine poster into parts one and two this weekend Arturo, been bugging me too, will pass it on to you when I have it sorted.
I checked in today, and ta-da - you're back!!! Yay!! Keep blogging - it's people like you that serves to inspire new home practioners like me :)
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.