Sunday, 16 August 2026

DAY 4 Towards karandavasana

Richard Freeman's 2 week Pepsi challenge.

Seems I need to explain the Pepsi challenge for the less ancient yogi's among us. It's not as one thought, that Richard Freeman had sold out to Pepsi, and if you could nail Karandavasana in two weeks you'd get a year supply of Pepsi. No, Pepsi challenge was a blind tasting test in the 70's to see if you could tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke (you could of course). Challenge collocates strongly, for my generation, with Pepsi. Thus I refer to Richards challenge "this pose may take two weeks of practice" as a Pepsi challenge.

Think Joy is right, the tripod headstand variation is not the same at ALL. But have to say that the Pincha headstand variation (video above) is closer and a more stable base to work on curling that lotus in good and tight than Pincha Mayurasana, for that reason I think it's worth while playing with it for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.