Starting to get worried now. Day 5 and very little progress. Feel like I'm miles away from bringing my Lotus down to my arms. Strangely enough I'm less worried about taking them up again.
My Pincha M needs to be more stable but I'm trying to get into my lotus quickly while my arms are still feeling strong. Had thought I'd be able to practice this a lot but I find after two or three goes my arms are too tired to continue and I have to take a break.
Looking at Swenson and Freeman as well as some videos on YouTube, I see that I seem to need arch my back and stick my backside out more to counterbalance the lotus going down.
Got some time now, might throw another couple and see what happens.
Remembered reading somewhere that using a strap can be helpful. I get the idea, definitely more stable with the strap, but I just felt like I was about to dislocate my shoulder or something so am giving up on that idea. Not a fan of props anyway.
Remembered too, Susan writing about drishti in a previous comment on this asana. Very helpful for keeping balance. Rather than keeping balance by moving your body, which makes you even more unsteady, just moving the gaze back or forward seems to have the same effect but with more subtlety.
I'm keeping the lotus quite shallow so I can get out of it quickly if.....OK, when I fall. Not too concerned about the lotus, think I can get in and bring it down a little way, but at the point where I fall out of it above I just don't see how I can go beyond that point and curl it down to my arms. Maybe I need to practice some more with the Pincha arms handstand.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.