As I said in yesterday's post I tended to cheat in Baddha Padmasana by grabbing my left toe with my left hand then forcing my right hand down between my left arm and back, working it down to reach my right toe.Following Boodiba's Supta V Youtube video I've now managed to get the proper 'around the arm grab' and thought it would be a good topic for a video. So here it is from all angles and with the 'cheat' left in at the end.
I've also left in my lame attempt to come up, unassisted and without a net. How can I see any progress if I don't bite the proverbial and show something dreadful. The elbows are too pointy behind methinks, so when I drop back I roll off to the side. I also try dropping back to a cushion at the end of this, but clearly, I have a long way to
go.
Oh and there's this.
'....or with much practice one can learn to do it without the need for assistance.'
Richard Freeman Intermediate DVD
8 comments:
oh my god.
I almost can't stop laughing. Sorry, but is it actually possible to do that on one's own? NO way! Freeman is joking, right? Your shoulders are incredibly open! I'm impressed with your grab!
okay, I'm going to watch the first part again. It's priceless.
With much practice Liz, much practice. He does it on his own in the DVD but with a smaller cushion than mine. But his is more of a controled descent than my ...fall backwards. BUT, supta V shall be mine.
That's the attitude!
I love saying a pose "will be mine"!
(oh, and I saw your Pasasana on Youtube- wow, great binding! That's a hard pose! You own it!)
sorry I'm suddenly stalking your blog. ha ha!
Your e-relationship with Freeman's DVD is hilarious. I love that you leave the quote to the very end.
It's getting to the point that I hear music from spaghetti westerns when I see you quote Freeman.
Thanks liz was pleased with that one, am inconsistent with it though , especially now it's getting warmer and thus more sweaty.
Loving the spaghetti westerns image Patrick, will do the whistle as I go into Supta V this morning. Have just downloaded some Morricone, so some fancy audio editing is called for in my next video I think.
Geez, that was so fucking brave! Nice grab! I very much admire how you are documenting your progress with everything. :)
hey, I actually saw one person who can do it without any assist while in Mysore! but she is the only one I have ever seen so far, I thought maybe she had some special body proportions and that is why she can do it... I practice it with a belt around a column since there is no one to assist but you got me, I will also begin trying, at least before my belt assist.
Thanks Armani, and Maya it's good to know someone other than the 'immortals' can do it. Nice suprise to find the little pop up box on the Freeman video, had missed it the first couple of times. Came close enough this morning to convince myself it is possible, will post a video latter, along with some of Richard's instruction.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.