Since taking five minutes to get into Karandavasana earlier this week I've been thinking it may be time for a renewed assault on the bad boy of Intermediate. Plus, Karandavasana is in the Air.Susan has some suggestions over at her place and I want to give them a try and see if I can't make some progress towards coming back up. It may be that the most I can manage for now is coming down more slowly and with more control, keeping my arms a little straighter but that would be a start. There's a Mysore video on YouTube http://tinyurl.com/c2sgw5 where everyone is lowering their faces, foreheads, chins, noses to the floor to brace before lifting up. I'd settle for that for awhile, though hopefully my forehead rather than my nose.
So a week of evening Karandavasana progress posts I'm afraid, though I'll try to mix them up with something else.
In the video below I'm trying to get into a tighter lotus and bring it down more slowly. I'm also trying the chin brace. Not getting as much lift as I'd managed a couple of months ago on my last Karanda intensive but I'll take this for the first night.
4 comments:
I'm joining you and Susan in Karanda fever.
My favorite part is when you spend several seconds making your rug perfectly smooth! That's the source of your power, though, right? (loved your superstitions on Karen's blog)
The more the merrier Liz.
Ahhh smoothing the mat, usually I edit that bit out but I remembered mentioning it so left it in this time. If I do manage to get back up this week that will be the reason. Look at all the Youtube vids of successful Karandavasanas, they all have nice smoothe wrinkle and crease free mats and towels.
Wow... you make me realize that Daffy is a great avatar for this vinyasa.
Yeah, Daffy is cool!
I always have to smoothe the dust off my mat or sometimes I ceremoniously put a little towel down and smoothe out all the wrinkles :)
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.