I think I hate the word 'blooper' but can't, for the life of me, think of an alternative, at least not one for a family show.

My knee is officially back to normal, a clean full lotus jump back is the test for me and it past with colors aflutterin' this morning. Come to think of it Wednesday's Viranchyasana was probably more of a test and it was fine there too.

Just noticed, I look like Fugu in this video
Irritable as hell yesterday, woke up late (I don't use an alarm, never needed one, 'till now perhaps) and missed the chance to practice, was restless all day. Came home and did an hour Vinyasa Krama followed by some Pranayama and Chanting and felt right as rain. Bit worrying that not practicing can have such an effect on my mood, bad yogi.
Just watched the video back and for some reason it seems to speed up during the splat, nothing arty on my part, either the Camera, imovie or Youtube
12 comments:
hi Grimmly
hehee. good photo. your head gear looks funny from that angle too.
cheers,
Arturo
Oh that wasn't so bad of a splat!! Interesting you use the cushion for the solo supta v. I'd think that way would be harder than putting your knees under something. If I'm doing 2nd alone & find myself in a place where there's no appropriate knee brace, I just skip the pose. When I was up in NH visiting my crazy mother in September, I just called her in for an assist.
I knocked myself over during an odd, easy moment during yesterday's primary... Can't remember what that was. Every now & then you just forget what you're doing though. Like one time I was doing the chakorasana exit from eka pada sirsasana, and I just kicked myself over. Rolled right over backwards.
Another time up with Chris I was having a hard time nailing handstand as he was opposed to me doing it, and I didn't know how much he'd complain if I went for it. That's my take on it. I sort of went up and did a full body wave, an S thing, and came down.
[droll tone] "Well that was very Buster Keaton of you." - C
I took decided to tape it because it had felt so light during my practice, went up too high the second time and thought I was going to flip right over, really liked the picture.
the cushion/bolster comes from an Owl idea, I think she said she rolled up the end of her manduka. Basically I have a couple of old mats in a mat bag. I like how it's getting more and more squished making me work a little harder. I think I saw Swenson or Freeman do it without anything and have been trying to work towards it, must be getting close. Owl said it was a case of aiming your elbows for the floor (or the bolster) rather than the head to the floor, made a big diference. I used to do it by putting the sofa bed on my thighs but it was frustrating and too much hassle, this is much easier.
like the Buster Keaton line.
Chris is pretty good at making fun of me! We have a back & forth repartee that we both find entertaining (when I actually get to practice with him that is).
I never really felt like working toward doing this one pose freestyle. Even Richard Freeman flops around like a fish a little bit and really, what's the point?
Maybe I'm getting lazy! :)
I like it, such a nice bind. It'll never be elegant but it'll be cool to come back up without the cushion. best of all I like the full lotus exit.....when I dont fall flat on my face that is.
Doing 3rd tomorrow. Going to do it twice a week now on my day off and Sundays, such a nice series., except for ruddy hanumanasana.
BTW I'm confused with all your choppin' and changin' due to shala's messing you around, opening and closing etc etc. What is your ideal week, 4x 3rd a 2nd and Primary? 3 x 3rd, 2x 2nd and primary? Two of each will suit me for the next year i think.
You lazy? you work your butt off.
Oh and will there be video's during this freestyle week of yours?
Is it the camera angle or something but I look like fugu?
Hi Grimmly,
I find the bolster method useful, saw it on your blog a while back. Find it uncomfortable under couch maybe I am yet to find the perfect prop for home practice in this pose.
Well my ideal week if I'm working to the complete max, is one primary plus extras, one second plus extras, one standard 3rd, and three 3rd+4ths...
Lately I've been doing only three 3rds Probably next week I'll add in the 4th all week, including Monday, because it's a short week. Since I repeat the last two poses so freaking much, it's a little blitz of forearm stands, back bending and flipping at the end.
Yes I'm planning on filming! I am a glutton for exhibitionism as it turns out, and I've got 75 subscribers now. I seem to pick up a new crop whenever I post... I'm going to film some stuff tomorrow, though I'll have to work after and won't get around to posting same day. I'm hoping to make a bunch of clips over the long weekend.
I really wish I had an alternate location! I need an empty studio!!
fugu? hahaha. when i have to transition out of an asana where the feet are lotus bound, i dangle the padmasana for a while on the arms, mayurasana style. it's a different asana and your transition is correct, but i like the feeling of being aloft.
the bolster idea for self SV i heard from Karen. i think you do it well. a rolled up mat works also.
cheers,
Arturo
That still is a classic! That's poster material :)
So four 3rds, doesn't that play havoc with your wrists Boodi. I haven't had any trouble with mine so far but I've started to think about it.
Looking forward to the movies.
Well you know Grim... I'm laying around in bed with the laptop and I don't know that I'll practice at ALL today. Things have gone all haywire around here without Chris.
As for the wrists, no. I shake them out between pairs of arm balances. Also I step on my tighter right wrist before every practice. I got kicked by a horse once when I was a kid in summer horse camp. I think that's what made the right wrist tighter... As long as I give it a bit of extra attention it's fine.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.