
Think you'll like this!
Lately I've been trying to get more height in my Jump back, to avoid the bad habit I've recently got into of touching my toe down half way through (see earlier post).
Another thing I've been working on is rounding my shoulders and drawing my shoulder blades further down my back.
The third thing I've begun doing is having my palms turned facing up in my Navasana.
These came together this morning and I felt like I had Mr Fantastic stretchy arms. So try this.
In Navasana have your palms open facing slightly up, facing a little more up than Kino on the left and reach up towards your toes more (not suggesting your should always do Navasana this way but this will just give you the idea of what I'm talking about). Your shoulders should have rounded as if your hands are two ends of a bow the string goes from one hand to the other, the bend in the bow around your shoulders. Now drop your shoulder blades down your back and try and keep that as you come down to prepare to lift up for your jump back. Your arms should feel really long now so bend at the elbow and ground them firmly, really press into the ground and push up. Your pushing up like a normal press up rather than trying to lift up. Now keep going up and up and up Mister fantastic stretchy arms
Will try to add a video to show what I'm getting at.

1 comment:
Wow - this really works. I still can't get my feet through, but every bit helps. Thanks!
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.