Was thinking I wouldn't post another of these 'till I actually made it up. Felt much more controlled though this morning and I think it shows in the video so perhaps worth documenting as a "stage".
Breathing is getting better and the rocking onto the inside of the foot is definitely where it's at, think I'm beginning to push up from there. Seems like it's just a matter of timing and coordination now.
6 comments:
Very nice movie.
So I fought a few days ago, but I couldn't lift my hands, I could only rock forwards and backwards.
It's doable, I say to myself.
Greetings from Germany
Hi Ursula, yes I remember you saying your working on this too. YES it's doable. This rocking, shifting the weight back and forth makes such a difference, really felt i was getting some lift today and much more controlled felt less like cheating. Do you think everybody remembers the first time they came up unassisted?
Actually have just switched movies to the one taken just before the one you saw, think it illustrates the control more. I'm just switching the camera on as soon as I get to backbends, want to catch the first one on film (or bytes or whatever we say now).
good luck
Hi grimmly,
Of course I think everybody remembers the first time. :)
I want to learn how to take pictures and movies of myself. My camera must allow this. I am each time fascinated when I see your little movies.
We can do it.
U
more into the chest! Slow down the breathing. Keep the hands planted until the last one which is the biggie. The rocking isn't just about momentum, it is also going to open your chest more...
hi again,
I am anonymous yesterday.
In fact, was actually able to stand up from UD once, and then I twisted my knee because I was doing it in a wrong way. So I am now trying to do it in a correct way...(I vaguely rememer when I came up first time, but it felt strange.. at first I didn't realize I did it, but was standing straight..then a friend next to me told me "you did it!" It felt good :))
By the way, for me and for some friends, it is easier to come up after you drop back. Even now, I feel so, even though i cannot actually stand up now. You feel much open getting to UD from standing position.
If you are interested in trying another new move while trying to come up, it may help.
have a good practice from tokyo!
Thank you Moo. I think it's a good idea to work on both at the same time, makes sense. I dropped back a couple of times a few months back once nicely the other time on to my head. I've been practicing hang backs a bit lately but haven't dropped back since.I WILL give it a try tonight and post a video. There, I've said it, I HAVE to try it now.
Say hi to Hachiko for me next time you're in Shibuya
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.