Sunday, 16 August 2026

First Dropback into Kapotasana

Don't know what made me do it!
Have been convinced that I wouldn't be able to get my hands down before my head, that it would be a while before I'd be close enough to risk it. However, first Kapo I did tonight gave me a good view of the mat behind and I felt in good control. Was making the video to see how much more of an arch I was getting as I'd got the feeling I was getting my hips a little further forward. Usually I start going back and then bottle out and lower down the rest of the way via my arms and work my way into the pose. This time I just seemed to keep going back further and further feeling comfortable, confident, in control.....and then it just kind of happened.
Was going to edit it cunningly, cutting at the soft landing and leave it at that, but in the interest of warts an all I've included my lame "come up". "lift up" what do we call that anyway?

Still a long long way to go but damm that felt good.

4 comments:

Ursula said...

You are really a great courageous yogi. My admiration.

Arturo said...

you're amazing. the bend is beautiful in your kapo and you reached your toes. i realize you were only doing A. for B you would stay there another five breaths and work on straightening the arms. you then work on making the thighs bring you up, legs first, then chest, head last.
cheers, Arturo

(0v0) said...

It's because of the sword.

Grimmly said...

Thank you, very kind. Am a bit paranoid now though. First time I tried a standing drop back it was great, second time I landed on my head.....
Thought I had strong enough legs but Kapo makes me feel like I've been in traction for six months, hard to believe I'll ever be able to come up smoothly. But then thought that about dropping back and Mari D and Eka pada S.....and even about getting my hand on the floor in trikona, way back. Love the "practice and all is coming" and "1% theory 99% practice",quotes.
practice, practice, practice!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.