Sunday, 16 August 2026

Jumping into Bakasana : Pelvis in space

As with the two leg hop up to Pincha the "pelvis in space idea" (this series of posts http://grimmly2007.blogspot.com/search?q=lydia ) helped me with the jump into Bakasana Rather than focusing on landing on the arms I'm trying to focus more on the movement of my pelvis, the landing almost takes care of itself. In a sense it's the first half of the Kino jump through, jumping up and then settling onto the arms. ,

That said, I do try to hold the memory of of how I'm holding the first Bakasana both in my mind and in my muscle memory for when I land the second jumped version. This is important because when you jump you tend to be focused on your hands arms and shoulders yet when I hold Bakasana, I tend to feel it more in my Lats and that's where I shift my attention as I lower onto my arms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next steps:
try to straighten your arms
get the heels to touch and lift them to your tail

Grimmly said...

Hmmmm thought the arms should probably be more straight. Guess that means bringing the pelvis up higher or perhaps leaning further forward.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.