
Exaggerating the Inhale/Exhale (trying to project it so the camera can pick it up).
- Inhaling weight over feet / exhaling weight over hands
Rocking on the inside of the heel
Coming up onto fingertips
Battery ran out at the end of this one which is probably a good thing as it forced me not to over do it.
Noticed I'm dipping my hips a bit tried to limit that on this Video but will need to work on that. now I'm starting to leave the ground I'm going to have to face up to the fear aspect, might be worth doing some dropbacks again.
7 comments:
niiiiiiice!
We could start an online futures market for wagers on when you will first come up to standing.
However, that would be pretty messed up.
Arjuna would not take wagers on such a thing.
So I will not say that it's a matter of weeks or days.
WWAD?
Heh, don't about Arjuna, but Krishna would definitely say:
"Grimmly, be thou a yogi, and for Pete's sake stand up from a backbend already. The greatest of all yogis is he follows all these endless instructions with faith, and whose heart abides in me."
BG, Chapter 6
:)
Oh, very nice video by the way. You'll be standing up soon.
Thanks for sharing the tips.
I am also practicing coming back from backbend, and I tried exaggerating breathing this morning during practice, and it worked!
Even though I cannot still come up, but i feel I am getting much closer!
thanks and good luck :)
yes, really makes a difference but feel I'm cheating by trying to get so much momentum going. That can't be it, must be just the right amount of momentum which i'm guess is less than you might think, using it to just shift the weight forward so you can push and lift up. In my head it makes sense but my body wont listen....bugger, I'm becoming a dualist.
WWAD??????????? gonna kick myself aren't I when you tell me.
You're not cheating. The exaggeration is to teach you how to move with your breath. Once that becomes second nature, you'll be able to refine it more. I find that it is easier to think about one thing at a time. And even though it is so simple, focusing on just the breath or just the bandha or just the drishti or just the whatever yields the most "zen quality ashtanga super power". Plus, focusing on the breathing just feels really good.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.