Managing to get the two leg hop to Pincha, think all the "awareness of the pelvis in space" work courtesy of Lydia helps there (see this series of posts http://grimmly2007.blogspot.com/search?q=lydia ). Walking the legs in close as you can, being aware of where your pelvis is in relation to the line of your shoulders and then hopping up focusing on that short distance your pelvis needs to travel to attain balance.
Only a half serious attempt to come into lotus here. Think I'm aiming at a half lotus so I'm not too bound up when I lose balance. I think I can see myself getting into lotus and maybe coming down a little way but can't imagine keeping enough balance and control to bring them all the way down and land them let alone taking them back up again.. But hey, "all is coming"
NOTE: Blog address now begins grimmly1997. I've unpublished 80% of posts but retained, on request, the Krishnamacharya 'Research' posts. Comments are turned off, there are no blog "members". NOTE 2: If you have landed on the mobile page, you need to scroll down and click on web version to get all the stand alone pages on Krishnamacharya, Asana lists, Yogasanagalu, Proficient Primary etc.
Pages
- Home
- Yama and Niyama: Krishnamacharya, Jois, Ramaswami
- Asana Lists Inc. Original 1974 Ashtanga Syllabus
- Krishnamacharya resource page
- Slow Ashtanga PLUS Yoga Makaranda Part I and II
- Yoga Reading List
- How to practice Krishnamacharya's Early Ashtanga Yoga
- Krishnamacharya's Yogasanagalu (1941) (translation project)
- The Ashtanga Key - Surya Namaskara
- Srivatsa Ramaswami Vinyasa Krama Resource page
- How to meditate
- VINYASA KRAMA sequences/subroutines
- Free Downloads (Updated with more links)
- Proficient Primary.
- Chanting Yoga Sutras
- YOGA GLOSSARY
2 comments:
nice hop!
new camera? the video quality is pretty nice.
Thanks. Yes new camera. Panasonic DMC-FX500 http://www.dpreview.com/news/0803/08031802panasonicfx500.asp bought it because it has a really wide angle lens so perfect for this type of thing. I can get the whole shot without chopping off my head or feet from just a couple of feet away. Only things is it takes a bit more editing than my phoneCam
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.