Actually I lied this was my first attempt (the good bit happens 1:10 in).
NOTE: Blog address now begins grimmly1997. I've unpublished 80% of posts but retained, on request, the Krishnamacharya 'Research' posts. Comments are turned off, there are no blog "members". NOTE 2: If you have landed on the mobile page, you need to scroll down and click on web version to get all the stand alone pages on Krishnamacharya, Asana lists, Yogasanagalu, Proficient Primary etc.
Pages
- Home
- Yama and Niyama: Krishnamacharya, Jois, Ramaswami
- Asana Lists Inc. Original 1974 Ashtanga Syllabus
- Krishnamacharya resource page
- Slow Ashtanga PLUS Yoga Makaranda Part I and II
- Yoga Reading List
- How to practice Krishnamacharya's Early Ashtanga Yoga
- Krishnamacharya's Yogasanagalu (1941) (translation project)
- The Ashtanga Key - Surya Namaskara
- Srivatsa Ramaswami Vinyasa Krama Resource page
- How to meditate
- VINYASA KRAMA sequences/subroutines
- Free Downloads (Updated with more links)
- Proficient Primary.
- Chanting Yoga Sutras
- YOGA GLOSSARY
Sunday, 16 August 2026
Working towards karandavasna
This is one of those Asana that's going to take a lot of work and one that I want to focus on in this blog this year. Rob Lucas suggests approaching it via the tripod handstand as you have a stronger base and can work on developing the other elements away from the forearm stand which you develop in Pincha Mayurasana . Below is one my first attempts before Christmas.
5 comments:
you had to have been a gymnast in a previous life....
that's freaking Dope!
good job dude!
You should check out youtube's latest karandavasana flick:
http://elephantbeans.wordpress.com/2009/01/19/join-the-yuya-fan-club/
It is pretty sweet!
I'm guessing "freaking Dope!" is a good thing : ) Thanks Tracy
And thanks too elephantbeans for the yuya Karandavasana link, as you say, very sweet. Great looking page by the way, how do i get one of those T-shirts.... freaking sweet!
Try e-mailing him. I think they are only special order, but they are super cool!
The second video is so cute!
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.