Wanted to post something to try out this new video editing software called MPEG streamclip Never had a problem posting videos when I was using my Camera Phone, but since I bought the fancy Lumix digital HD camera it's been less straight forward. The problem is that the picture quality is too dammed good and takes forever to post, also there's no editing software on the camera unlike on my old phone.
On windows I was using QuickTime Pro but didn't want to buy it for my Mac as I'm not that impressed. Checked out some forums and came across MPEG streamclip http://www.squared5.com/ (works on windows and Mac OSX and is FREE ) I've just downloaded it, opened it up, dragged this video onto the screen, top and tailed the Vid. and converted it to MPEG 4 Seems much easier and quicker than Quicktime pro. Much quicker to post as well, took about three minutes to show up here while I was writing.
This video is nothing special but kind of interesting. All this Kapotasana and back bending work seems to have strengthened my thighs and "core". I've noticed that my float up to standing in the Sury's is much more controlled, and am able to float up to an inverted dandasana and hold it and either lower for a soft landing (not so soft in this one) or take it up to handstand etc. Still lacks polish but it feels nice to do and just goes to show how work on one asana benefits others. Probably bringing me closer to that elusive press to handstand that I haven't given up on.
NOTE: Blog address now begins grimmly1997. I've unpublished 80% of posts but retained, on request, the Krishnamacharya 'Research' posts. Comments are turned off, there are no blog "members". NOTE 2: If you have landed on the mobile page, you need to scroll down and click on web version to get all the stand alone pages on Krishnamacharya, Asana lists, Yogasanagalu, Proficient Primary etc.
Pages
- Home
- Yama and Niyama: Krishnamacharya, Jois, Ramaswami
- Asana Lists Inc. Original 1974 Ashtanga Syllabus
- Krishnamacharya resource page
- Slow Ashtanga PLUS Yoga Makaranda Part I and II
- Yoga Reading List
- How to practice Krishnamacharya's Early Ashtanga Yoga
- Krishnamacharya's Yogasanagalu (1941) (translation project)
- The Ashtanga Key - Surya Namaskara
- Srivatsa Ramaswami Vinyasa Krama Resource page
- How to meditate
- VINYASA KRAMA sequences/subroutines
- Free Downloads (Updated with more links)
- Proficient Primary.
- Chanting Yoga Sutras
- YOGA GLOSSARY
5 comments:
The so-called "core" being a speculative, new-age, possibly delusional concept?
P.S. Nike is currently developing a specially-fitted "Go Faster" loincloth for the the yogis.
Are you suggesting my belief in my core is groundless? But perhaps your right Clearly I should have said Here is my new improved bandha .....and here is another.
Glad those new Loincloths come specially fitted, get the wrong size and they can chafe a little.
Wow, the handstand is looking amazing! Fantastic progress. Thanks for sharing (inspiring!).
Maybe, pace G.E. Moore, it is facetious to speculate over whether we have a body? Your core is a tool you use every day, whether or not you "know" it. Maybe we should turn RD on his head speculate about whether we have minds instead?
Uh sorry, loincloth on too tight...
Carry on.
No just go with Martin and overturn RD altogether, need to get out of the whole mind/body subject/object trap, Go back to Witt' , the later Ludwig that is (after he read Heidegger) and employ language games. Mind talk is one language game, body talk another, subject another and Object one more still. We can talk about them but that doesn't mean we're confined in a subject/object world. It's certainly not a case of one or the other. And what's the idea frowning on sweet old Moore as a logical positivist (which i don't think he ever REALLY was and yet quoting and giving a nod to Early Witt's "The world is all that is the case' a living god to the positivists ...... which is ironic : ) Have to stop here am starting to chafe.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.