Sunday, 16 August 2026

Day 13 Towards Karadavasana

"This pose is quite challenging and takes at least two weeks of practice."
Richard Freeman Ashtanga yoga The Intermediate series DVD

Pretty much the same as where I ended up yesterday.

Wanted to prove to myself that the lift I got then wasn't a fluke. Didn't get as much today perhaps but it felt a little more controlled and tighter. I can see the physics of the thing now. If I can just bring my lotus down a little tighter and land a little higher up my arms. If I can lift my shoulders a little more away from my hands to give me more space to come through and direct that lift a little more upwards. Then surely it must happen.

A little bit more here, a little bit more there but all those little bits add up.

I was just watching this video from mysore of the led intermediate class http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25cIRYOJjE0&feature=PlayList&p=AA3D5288A052D114&index=0 noticed that everyone puts their forehead down before they lift up. Thought I might give that a try tonight to see if that helps, though perhaps it's a bad habit to get into.

I just need my Yogitoes to arrive in time and make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.