I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd been practising along with Sharath's primary series DVD recently and that I was struck by the economy of his vinyasa. Jumping back in half lotus is an example in point. Didn't take as long as I thought it would to get the hang of it. I tend to bring my trailing leg back so my toes are just behind my arm as I lift up but before I begin to tilt forward and swing back through. Need to kick up a little higher to give you time to unfold the lotus.
In Primary you can use this in
Ardha baddha Padma Paschimottanasana A
Marichiyasana B and D
And in intermediate
Bharadvajasana
Supta Urdhva pada vajrasana
4 comments:
Of course, in Vatayanasana there's a half-lotus jumpback of sorts (sun salutation style rather than seated), the trick being to KEEP the foot up rather than release it. Hahaha, Intermediate series, you comedy act you :)
Ahhh yes Vatayanasana, good point. Vatayanasana is growing on me, thought it was very silly at first. Talking of silly, had a dream about Nakrasana the other night, it was as if I was looking down on a led Intermediate. In Nakrasana everyone would jump forward twice then all together turn their heads to the right. then jump forward two more times and turn their heads to the left and then the same going backwards. Even in the dream I must have found it funny because I woke up laughing.
Well what I think of there is the soundtrack to West Side Story, which has me laughing, for sure.
Hilarious! I feel like a stealthy crocodile pouncing on its prey :) Vatayanasana is a very complex and useful pose, but only if you really work to bring the heel in to the knee. Underrated! And, the two jumpbacks you mention in intermediate are about a million times easire than the ones in primary (which I can't do) because you just press off the back foot :)
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.