Sunday, 16 August 2026

Day 14 Towards Karandavasana ; Richard Freeman's Two week Pepsi challenge, Final day

"This pose is quite challenging and takes at least two weeks of practice."
Richard Freeman Ashtanga yoga The Intermediate series DVD

Final day and I don't appear any closer to coming up, and yet I can feel it's all becoming a little more controlled each day. I know it will come, sooner, rather than later.

And Richards statement in the video, 'This pose is quite challenging and takes at least two weeks of practice' , if he means getting into the pose then, yes, you can do it in two weeks of focused practice, or even a little less. Coming up from it, though, surely takes more time. Dropping back into Kapo is one thing, reaching the heels, another.

I find I'm not disappointed, very happy with being able to get into it and how much more balanced my intermediate feels. It's a wonderful asana, I have this image of one of those speeded up movies of a flower opening and closing and opening again, am beginning to fall in love with Intermediate.

Now I want to let it do it's thing, deepen and grow in me, and just get on with my practice for a while, without focusing on any particular asana. Following 'The post', from Owl, I want to take some time to think about this thing we do.

1 comment:

susananda said...

I took the two week thing as a typical example of RF's very dry sense of humour!

Word veri: flaling :)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.